Apple and Maple Couscous
This couscous is an efficient energy source and is an ideal pre workout breakfast or snack. It contains a combination of complex and simple carbohydrates, some protein, very little fat and essential vitamins and minerals.
- 160 ml (½ cup) of water
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of of maple syrup
- 125 ml (½ cup) cup of dried apple slices
- 125 ml (½ cup) cup of dry wheat semolina
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of pumpkin seeds
- 12 raspberries
- In a sauce pan, pour in the water and maple syrup.
- Add the apples and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the semolina.
- Cover and let rest for 5 minutes, until semolina is tender.
- Garnish each serving with pumpkin seeds and raspberries.
Preparation: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 5 minutes | Quantity: 2 servings
Nutrition facts per portion of 250 ml (1 cup): 306 calories | 9 g of protein | 4 g of fat | 58 g of carbohydrate | 5 g of fibre | Source: www.ilovemaple.ca/sport