Are you passionate about a sport and looking for a way to share it with teen girls?
Want to help reverse the trend of physical inactivity in teenage girls?
Would you like to add a rewarding experience to your resume?
Become a FitSpirit Ambassador
FitSpirit Ambassadors visit partner schools and lead physical activity sessions within a rewarding environment where the emphasis is on girls having fun while being active. Ambassadors provide positive, high-quality experiences that will help girls develop their self-confidence in the context of sports and physical activity. Ambassadors also help improve and diversify FitSpirit programming in schools. Every year, more than 50 women from all across Quebec become FitSpirit Ambassadors. And you can become one, too!
Encourage teenage girls to engage in a regular physical activity so they can fully enjoy its many benefits and pleasures.
Introduce teenage girls to active, healthy and diverse female role models so they develop their self-confidence and create a positive self-image in the context of sports and physical activity.
Transform the experience of physical activity for teenage girls by offering them positive, high-quality sessions that will encourage them to exercise regularly.
Share your passion and expertise for sports and physical activity.
- Academic training in the field of physical activity OR professional certification in the field of physical activity OR proven experience in the context of facilitating physical activities (coaching).
- Valid CPR certification (recommended).
- Experience with teen clientele and/or knowledge of the school environment.
- Available during school hours, to travel and lead activities (primarily during lunch period and late afternoon).
- Ability to offer several types of activities, an asset.
- 18 years and older.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
- The engagement is for a period of 10 months (with the possibility of renewal for the following school year).
- Visits to schools take place between September and June.
- Ambassadors select the requests for activities suggested by the schools that suit their availability and skills, with FitSpirit's approval.
- Activities last an average of 30 to 45 minutes.
- Time slots for activities vary from school to school.
- The number of activities is not guaranteed.
Compensation is $100 per activity and $0.55 per km for travel.
- Ambassadors can donate their time and/or travel expenses to FitSpirit's cause if they wish.
- For more information, please contact your regional FitSpirit coordinator.