Homemade Energy BarS
Do you stock your kitchen cupboard with store bought energy bars in order to always have a filling snack handy during hikes or long workouts? It is possible to make the bars you love by adding the ingredients you want and know. You can freeze these bars and take them out, one by one, when needed.
- 500 ml (2 cups) of freshly ground flax seeds (omega-3)
- 500 ml (2 cups) of oat flakes
- 125 ml (½ cup) of whole wheat flour
- 60 ml (¼ cup) of raw sugar 1tbsp.
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 60 ml (¼ cup) of sunflower seeds
- 60 ml (¼ cup) of pumpkin seeds
- 60 ml (¼ cup) of slivered almonds
- 125 ml (½ cup) of dried cranberries
- 125 ml (½ cup) of dark chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 60 ml (¼ cup) of canola oil
- 125 ml (½ cup) cup of honey
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl mix together the eggs, oil, honey and vanilla.
- Blend both mixes together.
- Spread the preparation onto a greased baking sheet at about 1.5 cm thickness.
- Cook 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Preparation: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 12-15 minutes | Quantity: about 24 bars
Nutrition facts per portion: 214 calories | 6 g of protein | 11 g of fat | 28 g of carbohydrate | 5 g of fibre | Source: VIVAÏ experts in sports nutrition