FitSpirit Ambassadors visit partner schools and lead physical activity sessions within a rewarding environment where the emphasis is around girls having fun while being active. They make sure to provide positive and high quality experiences that will help girls to develop their self-confidence in the context of sport and physical activity. Ambassadors improve and diversify the FitSpirit programming in schools. Each year, more than 50 women from all regions throughout Quebec play this role for FitSpirit.
- Encourage teenage girls to engage in a regular practice of physical activity so that they can fully enjoy the benefits and pleasure that come from it.
- Introduce teenage girls to an active, healthy and diverse female role model so that they develop their self-confidence and a positive self-image in the context of sport and physical activity.
- Transform the physical activity experience of teenage girls by offering them a positive and high quality session that will make them want to exercise regularly.
- Share your passion and expertise for sports and physical activity.
- Academic training in the field of physical activity OR professional certification in the field of physical activity OR proven experience in the context of facilitating physical activities (coaching).
- Valid CPR certification (requalification every 2 years strongly recommended).
- Experience with teen clientele and/or knowledge of the school environment.
- Available during school hours, to travel and lead activities (primarily during lunch period and late afternoon).
- Ability to offer several types of activities, an asset.
- Submit an online application.
- Participate in an interview at the request of the regional FitSpirit coordinator.
- Provide a valid copy of the criminal background check and follow the FitSpirit Ambassador online training process.
Important to know
- The engagement is for a period of 10 months (with the possibility of renewal for the following school year).
- Visits to schools take place between September and June.
- Ambassadors select the requests for activities suggested by the schools that suit their availability and skills, with FitSpirit's approval.
- Activities last an average of 30 to 45 minutes.
- Time slots for activities vary from school to school.
- The number of activities is not guaranteed.
- Compensation is $60 per activity and $0.44 per km for travel.
- Ambassadors can donate their time and/or travel expenses to FitSpirit's cause if they wish.
For more information, please contact your regional FitSpirit coordinator.